iaedp Denver Metro Chapter is a non-profit organization focused on education, research, awareness, prevention and treatment of eating disorders. The mission and purpose of the Denver iaedp is five-fold and reflects that of the iaedp National mission.
Our chapter is committed to:
– Provide a place for professionals in our field to find support for his/her own practice, to network and learn about each other’s expertise so we have known referral sources for our clients/patients, and to hold each other accountable to the highest level of standards and integrity in our field.
– Create an atmosphere of collaboration versus competition amongst professionals so that the primary focus becomes striving to provide the best possible care for our clients/patients.
– Offer educational opportunities to the community and clients about the latest research, techniques, and approaches for working with eating disorders – and resources for those whose lives are being touched by any aspect of the eating disorder spectrum.
– Facilitate first-quality education and high-level training for the front-line professionals who treat the full spectrum of eating disorders.
– Support and encourage professionals in this field to complete the iaedp certification process as a means to promote standards of excellence within the field of eating disorder treatment in the Denver area.
What is iaedp?
Established in 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (iaedp) is today well recognized for its excellence in providing first-quality education and high-level training standards to an international multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions, who treat the full spectrum of eating disorder problems.
iaedp offers a highly respected certification process for those who wish to receive specialized credentials in their work with people with eating disorders and publishes Connections (a newsletter) which addresses contemporary treatment issues.
The value of the overall iaedp program is perhaps best seen in its annual Symposium. The conference draws attendees from all corners of the globe, including especially numerous professionals from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the United Kingdom. It is geared to the needs and problems of those who work with patients in a therapeutic environment. Interchange among participants is constant and challenging: workshops, professional development Institutes and plenary sessions focus on “cutting edge” information and techniques. In this conference, the emphasis is on exchange of information, not just listening!
iaedp understands the needs of treating professionals!